Payer Champion - Islandia, NY
Location: Islandia, NY
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
The Payer Champion is the frontline resource for clients to ensure all of their varied needs are met. The Payer Champion will work in collaboration with several departments, including client services, operations, and training and development, to insure issues are resolved in a sustainable manner and efficiencies on how plan members are served are achieved.
- Acts as a liaison with client services to access payer needs
- Assists in the development of training for payer needs as the internal SME for an assigned payer
- Evaluates operational resources to make sure they are acting on payer needs and training directives
- Participates in payer calls with client services managers
- Reviews daily grievances associated with payer and assist in remediation.
- Monitor and drive improved to plan KPIs
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of Customer Service experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (ability to filter, sort, create, and edit spreadsheets)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit documents)
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
- Bilingual in Spanish or any language
- Team Lead or Supervisory experience
- Combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot client issues
- Easily understand and solve technical problems
- Skilled at evaluating options and generating solutions
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely
- Ability to take care of the members' needs while following company procedures
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, UHC, customer liaison, client services, issue resolution, team lead, customer service, customer satisfaction, liaison